The south of Sri Lanka offers an excellent blend of nature and culture for you to explore from the basis of our luxury cliff top resort Cape Weligama. After a short drive, you will visit the Yatagala Raja Maha Viharaya, a quiet rock temple with a nine meter reclining Buddha. The mural-covered walls are painted in the typical style of the Kandyan period. Monks have been living here for at least 1500 years. You’ll seldom find crowds here, which only adds to the appeal. As you ascend the long flights of stairs, there are good views over the rice fields.
During your stay, our activity centre will organise a guided 14 km long casual mountain bike tour. At an easy pedal pace, you will cycle through picturesque scenic countryside and paddy fields, a nice way to explore this beautiful part of the island.
Next is an enjoyable boat ride over Koggala Lake, one of the largest natural lakes and one of the major attractions in the area. Enjoy a serene 2-hour boat ride over the lake passing. We will stop for at a few of the islands in the lake to learn more about cinnamon production and spice gardens plus you will visit an old temple with ancient wall paintings.
|Room Category||Validity Period||Rate inclusive of breakfast|
|Ocean Villa||Apr 16 – Dec 15, 2017|
Apr 16 – Oct 31, 2018
Above mentioned Package Rates are in USD, Per Room Per Night based on double occupancy in an Ocean Villa.
- Final Rates are inclusive of tax/service charges. (subject to change)
- Full payment at the time of booking.
- The activities/amenities included in the Nature and Culture Package can be used only once during the stay.
- A minimum of four nights stay is required to book this package.
- Booking dates cannot be amended.
- Reservations for this package will be governed by the general cancellation policy.
- This package cannot be combined with any other special offers.
- Package can be booked from now April 01, 2017 onwards
- Four nights stay inclusive of breakfast in an Ocean Villa
- Visit Yatagala Raja Maha Vihara (Ancient Buddhist temple)
- Koggala Lake Cruise
- Guided Mountain Bike Tour
- Free Upgrade to the next Villa category (subject to availability)