Assistant Purchasing Manager
Dilmah Tea’s Resplendent Ceylon is creating a collection of small, luxury resorts that offer the discerning traveller a unique circuit across Sri Lanka, with a range of authentic cultural experiences, while contributing towards local communities and the environment through the MJF Foundation & Dilmah Conservation. The circuit currently comprises of three resorts, all members of Relais & Chateaux. We call it the Resplendent Sri Lanka Journey – Tea, Sea & Safari.
The role of the Assistant Purchasing Manager is to lead, manage and motivate the Purchasing function of three resorts, overseeing and participate in the negotiation of rates, with various suppliers and ensure that this is secured within budget at suitable properties.
He should be able to,
- * Plan and organize purchasing responsibility and distribute workload between the team when necessary.
- * Negotiate high value agreements with suppliers.
- * Ensure that the hotels offered are of the standard and quality required.
- * Deliver within deadlines.
- * Build, develop, strengthen and maintain strong business relationship with hotel suppliers and internal clients.
- * Keep up to date with market changes and new developments (Eg: New hotels, etc.).
- * Follow departmental or team guidelines and procedures and ensure that all agreed procedures are adhered.
We expect the right candidate to be capable with following,
- * Good knowledge of the hotel product, market, locations, group business and competitors.
- * Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- * Strong organizational skills, planning and good time management.
- * Strong negotiation skills and relationship building skills.
- * Proactive thinker capable to cope well with stressful situations.
- * Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- * Must be self-motivated, positive and confident and results driven.
- * Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- * Excellent telephone manners.