Demi Chef de Partie
Dilmah Tea’s Resplendent Ceylon is creating a collection of small, luxury resorts that offer the discerning traveller a unique circuit across Sri Lanka, with a range of authentic cultural experiences, while contributing towards local communities and the environment through the MJF Foundation & Dilmah Conservation. The circuit currently comprises of three resorts, all members of Relais & Chateaux. We call it the Resplendent Sri Lanka Journey – Tea, Sea & Safari.
Cape Weligama is the most sumptuous resort along this fabled island’s palm fringed shores. Thirty minutes east of Galle, Cape Weligama’s 39 rooms inhabit 12 tropical acres atop a singular promontory rising 40 metres above the Indian Ocean.
As a Demi Chef de Partie you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
– Support the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work
– Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
– Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
– Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedure
– Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
The ideal candidate should possess the G.C.E O/L or A/L qualification and professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course in a reputed hotel school or an institute. A minimum of two years of experience in a similar capacity in a high-end À la carte or a fine dining Boutique Resort will be a distinct advantage. Previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills. The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.