Dilmah Tea’s Resplendent Ceylon is creating a collection of small, luxury resorts that offer the discerning traveller a unique circuit across Sri Lanka, with a range of authentic cultural experiences, while contributing towards local communities and the environment through the MJF Foundation & Dilmah Conservation. The circuit currently comprises of three resorts, all members of Relais & Chateaux. We call it the Resplendent Sri Lanka Journey – Tea, Sea & Safari.
Wild Coast Tented Lodge sits on a secluded beach on the edge of Yala National Park. 28 vaulted “Cocoon” tents offer the comfort of a luxury hotel with the excitement of a safari style wilderness experience.
We are on the lookout for an energetic, young and passionate individual who can assist with purchasing requirements of the resort as per schedule. As a Purchasing Assistant, you will be responsible of maintaining our supply inventory levels as required for effective operation of the resort, negotiate deals with potential vendors by adhering to company purchasing policies and procedures, maintaining strong working relationship with vendors, review purchase agreements with vendors and maintain open lines of communication with them. Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company.
The ideal candidate should,
* Possess the GCE (A/L) and professional qualification related to procurement, supply chain or similar
* Have minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in a purchasing role in hospitality industry / resort
* Have excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Have a proven history of effective supply management
* Be able to create and administer a task priority list based on resort needs
* Be able to work within a team under pressure