Dilmah Tea’s Resplendent Ceylon is creating a collection of small, luxury resorts that offer the discerning traveller a unique circuit across Sri Lanka, with a range of authentic cultural experiences, while contributing towards local communities and the environment through the MJF Foundation & Dilmah Conservation. The circuit currently comprises of three resorts, all members of Relais & Chateaux. We call it the Resplendent Sri Lanka Journey – Tea, Sea & Safari.
Resplendent Ceylon is seeking a results-oriented Wellness Director to lead Wellness programs for our three resorts – Tea Trails, Cape Weligama and Wild Coast. The role will also include strategizing programs for resorts under development.
The right person needs to be passionate about health & wellness and have the abilities necessary to build programs unique to Resplendent. The position will require creativity and professional experience to create and manage innovative programs attractive to our high-end clientele.
- – Five year’s experience in a similar role in a 5-star spa leading a multicultural team
- – Solid knowledge of spoken and written English
- – In-depth knowledge of wellness trends and programming, presentation skills, international experience, capacity optimization techniques
Primary areas of responsibility are:
- – Interaction with guests to promote programs and create custom programs to meet specific needs.
- – Establish new health and wellness program activities and expand programs.
- – Develop and manage budgets related to the program. Closely monitors revenue and expenses.
- – Monitor and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- – Hire, train, motivate, direct, and evaluate the spa staff.
- – Ensure the cleanliness of the spa facilities and working operation of all spa equipment
- – Ensure high-quality programs through innovative program development evaluations and on-going training of staff.
- – Knowledge and understanding of all spa services and product lines.