How to get to Wild Coast Tented Lodge
Resplendent Ceylon can arrange air or road transfers to our resorts. Details are available here.
Please email us on email@example.com for availability and current rates, which can vary.
The flight between Colombo airport and Ceylon Tea Trails is recommended, saving drive time along winding mountain roads. Although a scenic drive, a rapid 30-minute flight landing on the Castlereagh Lake at Tea Trails is a spectacular experience.
Colombo airport to Cape Weligama is an easy drive along the Southern Expressway.
Colombo airport to Wild Coast Tented Lodge is a long drive so the flight is recommended.
From Tea Trails to Wild Coast Tented Lodge or Cape Weligama the float plane flight is also recommended.
A benefit of driving to Wild Coast Lodge from Tea Trails is that a stop can be arranged at the Dilmah funded Elephant Transit Home, which tends for orphaned elephants until they can be released back into the wild. To be present at milk feeding time is a wonderful experience.
From Wild Coast Tented Lodge to Cape Weligama it is an easy drive along the coastal road.
From Cape Weligama back to Colombo, the Southern Expressway is the best option.
- Colombo airport to Tea Trails 30 mins
- Colombo airport to Wild Coast 45 mins
- Tea Trails to Wild Coast 30 mins
- Tea Trails to Cape Weligama (via Wild Coast) 75 mins
- Durations can vary if brief additional stops are added
Road transfer times
Private road transfers can be arranged by Resplendent Ceylon using Mercedes Vito vans (upto 6 guests) or equivalent or SUV’s. (upto 3 guests)
Air transfers information
Cinnamon Air is a premier domestic Sri Lankan air taxi service offering daily scheduled flights, as well as luxury private charter flights between its hub at the Colombo International Airport and the island’s most picturesque locations. The experience of flying in the luxuriously appointed 8-seater Cessna Grand Caravan aircraft affords passengers a bird’s-eye-view of the stunning scenery below whilst significantly reducing surface travel time to destinations across the country. https://www.cinnamonair.com
Flight can include multiple stops with a brief 5-minute time on ground.
Baggage allowance is 30kg per passenger total on the scheduled flights. Baggage exceeding the allowance is subject to space availability and may have to be transferred by ground transportation which Resplendent Ceylon or the airline can arrange.
- Colombo airport Cinnamon Air terminal is a 5 min drive from international arrivals. Cinnamon Air will collect and transfer guests. We recommend the Silk Route priority arrival channel to expedite the transfer time.
- Tea Trails flights operate to the Castlereagh lake directly in front of Summerville, Castlereagh and Dunkeld bungalows. Norwood and Tientsin bungalows are a 15 min and 30 min drive respectively, Tea Trails arranges complementary transfers.
- Cape Weligama flights operate to Koggala Lake, a 15-min road transfer is arranged by the resort.
- Wild Coast Lodge flights operate to Weerawila airport or Mattala airport, 45-min road transfer is arranged by the resort.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for latest availability and rates, which can vary.